Gifts and donations
If you have material which you think is of interest to Royal Danish Library, please always remember to contact us before sending or handing it to us.
The library regularly receives offers for donations in the form of, for example, archive material and book gifts.
Please note that we already receive the entire Danish production of printed publications in accordance with the Legal Deposit Act.
Criteria for receipt
- Danish publications are generally only accepted, if we do not already have them in our collections.
- Historical records, pictures, and the like are only accepted, if we consider them to have national, cultural-historical significance.
- Foreign material is not normally received unless it has professional use value.
Therefore, always contact us before sending a donation to us. We only accept materials which meet the above criteria and whose ownership is transferred entirely to the library upon donation.
Read more about our Policy in this area (in Danish).
Terms of receipt
If the donation is not included in the collection, we reserve the right to use it in another way, for example passing it on to another library, archive, or museum.
We also always reserve the right to discard received material.
- Deposits / depositing are not accepted.
- Special registration requirements are not accepted.
- As a rule, we do not accept donations which are sent to us without prior agreement.
Lost and missing items
We are looking for a number of materials that are missing in the collections. This applies to both material we want to collect to make the collections complete, and material which has been lost after lending or in some other way.
If you think you have knowledge of, for example, a book which belongs to the library, please feel free to contact us.
Write to email@example.com.