First, search our digital collections
In the digital collections, there are images of people, places, and events from the portrait collection, topographical and chronological collection, as well as different partial collections. You can search names, locations and subjects (houses, workers, tram cars etc.). magazine drawings are found in a separate area in the digital collections.
Search for aerial photographs in an aerial view of Denmark. See the guide on the page.
Could not find what you are looking for?
If the image you searched for is not digitally available, it may be found in the part of the collections waiting to be digitised.
People and portraits
- Go to search, or use the search field on top of the page.
- Search name.
- Choose ”image” or "portrait" under limit results and material.
- If the portrait is not available online, it can be ordered and viewed in the Research reading room by clicking on order.
Write to Ask the Library and note down the location, street name or other, if you want to access the non-digitised physical collection and view this in the Research reading room.
Write to Ask the Library and note down the year and event, if you are searching images prior to 1536 or after 1945.
- See the subject groups in the miscellaneous collection
- Write to Ask the Library and note down the subject group, if you want to view it inthe Research reading room.
Search in the National Museum of Photography’s collection Kunstindeks Danmark.
Still not getting any results?
Look through the list of collections. If you know the name of a publisher, the photographical- or institutional archive, that may contain the image you are looking for, write to Ask the Library and hear about the possibilities of looking through the collection in the Research reading room.