Our framework agreement with the Danish Ministry of Culture details the goals for our work and the framework for reaching these in the period of time 2020-2023.
In January 2020, the Royal Danish Library and the Danish Ministry of Culture entered into a framework agreement for the period of time 2020-2023. The agreement defines goals for the library enterprise during the period of agreement, and the terms we work under.
The core tasks of the Royal Danish Library are:
- Digital material management
- Physical material management
- Library service
- Cultural information and research
The following performance goals have been agreed for our tasks:
Digital material management
- The Royal Danish Library will attend to the licence negotiations for universities in a binding dialogue with the university managements and under obligation to support the national strategy for Open Access
- The Royal Danish Library aims to ensure permanent access to the purchased digital information resources
- The Royal Danish Library aims to make it easier for users to find digital cultural heritage material
Physical material management
- The Royal Danish Library aims to support operations optimisation of the research libraries’ physical collections
- The Royal Danish Library aims to make in-house physical collections more accessible to citizens across the country
- The Royal Danish Library aims to increase public use of the library’s nationwide services
- The Royal Danish Library aims to boost students’ digital courtesy
Cultural information and research
- The Royal Danish Library aims to boost efforts regarding teaching and leisure activities for children and young people
- The Royal Danish Library aims to maintain the extent of the library’s research and to increase the outside world’s knowledge of it
Det Kgl. Bibliotek's Framework Agreement 2020-2023
Our framework agreement with the Ministry of Culture describes the goals of our work and the framework for achieving them for the period 2020-2023 (in Danish). Including appendixes.