Regulations for loans from Det Kgl. Bibliotek’s Orchestral Collection
Professional orchestras or choirs, established amateur orchestras or choirs and music education institutions can borrow orchestral notes.
- Professional orchestras or choirs, established amateur orchestras or choirs and music education institutions are eligible for borrowing material from Det Kgl. Bibliotek’s Orchestral Collection.
- The orchestra, choir or institution must assign a contact person, who will be responsible for the borrowed material.
- In order to be accepted as a user you must fill out an application form. Send it to Det Kgl. Bibliotek’s Music Collection, The Orchestral Collection.
- The contact person mentioned in section 2, as well as the involved orchestra, choir or institution, are liable for complying to the loan conditions.
- To order orchestral material, please use the library system.
- Maximum loan periods are generally 3½ month, including shipping from and to the library, but may, shortly before expiry of the loan period, be extended an additional month by special agreement, provided that the borrowed material has not been requested by another user. Loan periods must be respected.
- Orchestral material cannot be requested in advance for a specific time.
- Return of borrowed material is done by counting the parts in the Music Collection. This means that it is not possible to issue a receipt when returning material to Det Kgl. Bibliotek’s facilities. Upon request of the user, a receipt of return can be forwarded as soon as the counting is finished This also applies when shipping directly to the library.
- Borrowed material cannot be loaned to others.
- The responsible contact person is obligated to inspect that all parts of the borrowed material are present on return, and that it is returned in the condition it was received as well as ensuring that proper packaging prevents damages during the return.
- If one or more parts of the borrowed material are missing upon return, the responsible contact person will receive an email requesting that the missing items are returned within 10 days. If this is not done, a compensation claim will be filed.
- If material is not returned to the library by the end of the loan period, the responsible contact person will receive two recall notices after which an administration fee of 160 DKK for recalling will be added to ”Fees and Print cards” in the Borrower’s ”My account”. The fee can be paid by Dankort directly in ”My account”. If the material is still not returned, a compensation claim will be filed, if necessary using recovery through the courts.
- In the event that borrowed material is not returned on time and/or in acceptable condition, the library reserves the right to take one or more of the following steps:
- collecting loaned material on the patron’s expense.
- reacquiring missing or damaged material, in its entirety if necessary, on the user’s expense.
- allowing the user to bear all costs related to or caused by the late or incomplete return
- suspending the patron from borrowing for a fixed amount of time determined by an assessment of the present gross or repeated violation of the regulations.
Claiming a deposit as a requirement for the continued use of material from the Orchestral Collection.
- These regulations will enter into force on 1 September 2002 and have been revised on the 31 March 2014.
Compensation fees for the Orchestral Collection’s material on sheet music
Missing or damaged sheet music material, the entire orchestral set if necessary, will be reacquired on the user’s expense according to the following rules:
- In case the missing or damaged sheet music material can be reacquired in its original version, an administration fee of 160 DKK per loan is added to the replacement price. In addition, a binding fee of 175 DKK is added per bookbinding and 65 DKK per booklet binding (saddle stitching). For damaged sheet music material, the compensation payment is 175 DKK, provided that the damages can be remedied. If the damages are non-repairable, the material will have to be reacquired.
- When the material has to be reacquired in a different or newer edition, the replacement price plus 50%, excluding fees for administration and binding, must be paid.
- In the event that material cannot be reacquired, the compensation payment is 100 DKK per part and 500-700 DKK per score, depending on its size, as well as an administration fee.