Study areas and lockers
You can freely use the many study areas that the library provides for researchers and students at the following locations:
The Black Diamond: Reading Room East has a study area with 106 seats. Reading Room North has 99 study desks.
The Faculty Library of Humanities provides both group and individual study tables for up to 258 people, and 260 seats in alternative study areas.
The Faculty Library of Natural- and Health Sciences provides a total of 489 seats distributed between silent study areas (220 seats), group study areas (141 seats), 27 PC workstations and 68 seats in our lounge areas. You can also study in the café outside of lunch hours, where it is reserved for guests who are eating. The silent study areas are located in the old reading room and in two modern reading rooms in the lower area of the library. Group study areas are located in the large room with murals as well as in both floors of the open stacks.
The Faculty Library of Social Sciences provides study areas totalling 272 seats, including silent areas, IT-free zones, group study rooms and lounge areas. The institutes at the Faculty of Social Sciences also provide study areas for their students.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences Library provides 33 lockers, mainly for student use. There are 9 group study rooms (6-10 people each) and 2 reading rooms with room for 10 people in each. Inside the library there are 20 individual desks as well as room for 50 other users. Read more about the study facilities here.
LIFE provides study areas for 300 people, approximately half of these can be used for group study if needed. There are 15 seats in the silent study area and 24 seats can be used as a silent study area when no classes are being held. There are 33 PC work stations. Read about lockers and how to order a locker at LIFE
Lockers for students at the University of Copenhagen
Students at the University of Copenhagen can reserve and use a locker at the library. If you are writing your thesis (candidat) you can borrow a locker for up to 6 months. If you are a student at a different level, you can borrow a locker for up to 2 months.
Fiol Library – Get a workspace for your project in the city center
Access for more than 140 students with access to wireless internet. The study areas are reserved for students at the University of Copenhagen who are working on a longer project such as their bachelor project or their final thesis.
In order to get access to the building, you need to reserve a locker in REX. After receiving an email informing you that your reservation has been fulfilled, you can pick up a key at the Faculty Library of Social Sciences, Gothersgade 140, where you will also receive more information about your access to the building.
How to reserve lockers
- Reserve a locker (skab) at your faculty library
- Reserve a thesis locker (specialeskab) at your faculty library
- Enter your last date of interest
- If a locker is available, you can use it from the next day after 2 pm. Contact the lending desk at the library where the locker is located. You need to pick up the key to the locker within 8 calendar days after receiving a message telling you that a locker is available for you.
- If all of our lockers are lent out you will receive a message by email when one is available for you. Your reservation puts you in a joint waiting list for all of the lockers available at that address, not just the specific locker you have selected. This reduces waiting times.
- Remember to bring your KU student ID.
The library assumes no responsibility for items stored in the lockers.
You will be charged an adminstration fee of DKK 350 if you lose your key or do not return it at the end of your lending period. There are "morning-to-evening" wardrobe lockers at all locations.
Lockers for students at KU
- Students writing their thesis (candidat) can borrow a locker for 6 months
- Other students can borrow a locker for 2 months
- Only students at the University of Copenhagen can borrow long term lockers
- All of the study areas are first come, first serve and can’t be reserved
CUL The Black Diamond
The Research Reading Room West at Slotsholmen
All materials only for use in the reading room must be used in Reading Room West
Faculty Library of Natural and Health Sciences
Number of lockers which can be reserved in REX: appr. 80.